Saturday, February 14, 2004

Valentine's Day-Thinkin of LOVE? Part II

He made my life miserable, watching my every move, spreading lies, playing cruel jokes, working lots of overtime (right after John Hinkley shot President Reagan for Jody Foster) to "buy a high-powered rifle" that I knew he'd use to kill me. 

I told my family that if I died mysteriously; like driving off a cliff because of brake failure, that HE did it! I meant it too! I truly felt he would kill me. He had the means and he was obsessed and crazy.

He became physically abusive by grabbing me by the arm and violently shaking it, to blocking my path on a stairwell as I tried to go past him, nearly causing me to fall.

He'd spit at my feet. Intimidate me with the stares from his chillingly cold and hateful eyes. Write my name on scantily dressed pin-ups and post them on bulletin boards.

All of this, because I wouldn't date him!

There really isn't an exciting end to this story........But, in 1986 our department finally created a Sexual Harassment policy. I filed one of the first complaints. A lot of good that did me.....I was treated like some rape victims have said they were treated....."Well, what did YOU do to encourage him?" "Certainly YOU must have some responsibility in this situation!"

He ended up getting some minor documentation in his file, and I was assured that his harassment would stop and I wouldn't have to work with him in the future. For some reason, maybe he was concerned for his career, he stopped messing with me, at least overtly.

I am sure he continued his nonsense behind the scenes, but I became more confident and stronger for having suffered his abuse for five years.... and then standing up to him...backing him down.

Coward Bastard!  Messin' with a girl!

So, Dear Casey....times have changed, and YOU do not have to be afraid and HE cannot do this to you. Let's get it out in the open and you'll be safe. Let everyone know, even the law if necessary.

What he's doin' isn't even close to LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!